RULES AND REGULATIONS�
Concession to Mentally
retarded person and to the person accompanying.
In pursuance to
the Government order no. (MS)18/08TRAN dated 17-04-2008 for 50%
mentally retarded person and one accompanying person are allowed to
travel with 50% concession in City, City Fast, Ordinary services with in
40 km from his residence.
Click here for more details
Physically handicapped and blind persons permanently
residing in Kerala
State alone will be
allowed travel concession in the K.S.R.T.C. Buses subject to the
1. For concession of 70% of the actual fare in the City, Ordinary and
Fast Passenger buses will be allowed to physically handicapped persons
and 100% concession to blind persons, on production of identity cards
issued by the Corporation. They will be allowed to travel within the
2. The concessional travel facilities to physically handicapped persons
are limited to persons whose annual income is Rs. 15000/-(Rs. Fifteen
thousand only) or below. The applicant should submit a declaration for
the income. In the case of blind, income limit is not applicable.
3. The authority to issue the identity cards will be the Managing
Director, K.S.R.T.C. or an Officer authorised by him on his behalf.
4. The identity cards will be issued only on the basis of certificate
issued by a Medical Board which includes opthalmology/orthopaedic specialists
as the case may be.
5. There shall be 100% blindness on both eyes in the case of blind
persons and 50%(fifty percent) disability in the case of physically
handicapped persons for enjoying the concessional travel facilities.
6. Application forms may be obtained free of cost from the nearest
District/ Assistant Transport Officer and the same may be submitted to
the Officers concerned duly filled and certified. Application forms
printed, typed or photocopy will also be accepted.
7. A passport size photograph of the applicant will be affixed in the
application in the column provided therein and duly attested by the
Medical Board. Another copy of the passport size photograph will be
submitted separately for affixing in the identity card.
8. Identity card once issued will be valid for a period of three years
from the date of issue which can be renewed by the Unit Officers on its
expiry on presentation of application with Medical Certificate as per
clause 6. A fee of Rs.5/- (Rs. Five only) will be realised for the
issuance of cards to the party.
9. Loss of identity cards should be reported to the District/Assistant
Transport Officers concerned promptly. Duplicate passes will be issued
for the remaining period of validity of pass without insisting for
fresh medical certificate after awaiting period of 14 days. Penality of
Rs. 5/- will be realised for the purpose.
10. Change of residence of card holders will be reported promptly to
the respective Unit Officers so as to enable them to make necessary corrections
in the records. The Unit Officers will report the facts to Chief Office
then and there.
11. The Unit Officers will receive the application submitted to them by
the handicapped/blind persons in their jurisdiction and forward the
same to Chief Office for the issue of identity cards after convincing
12. The identity cards will be issued to the applicants through the
respective Unit Officers.
13. The Unit Officers will remain a register and keep correct account
of identity cards issued from the Units.
The Freedom Fighters receiving pension
from Govt. of Kerala/India and permanently residing in
State will be
allowed free travel facilities in K.S.R.T.Corporation buses subject to
the following conditions.
1. They will be allowed free travel facilities in the City, Ordinary,
Fast Passenger, Super Fast, Super Express and Super Deluxe service
buses on the strength of the passes issued by the corporation.
2. Dependents of Freedom Fighters except their widows eventhough they
receive pension are not eligible for free passes.
3. The authority to issue the passes to the Freedom fighters will be
the Chairman and Managing Director, K.S.R.T.Corporation or an Officer
authorised on his behalf.
4. Passes will be issued on the basis of the certificate of the
District Collector/ Deputy Collector.
5. The application form may be obtained free of cost from the nearest
Dist./Asst. Transport Offices and the same may be submitted to the
District Collector concerned, duly filled in to certify eligibility.
6. A recent passport size photograph of the applicant will be affixed
in the application in the column provided therein, and duly attested by
the Collector/ Officers authorised by the District Collector. Another
copy of the passport size photograph will be submitted seperately for
affixing in the pass.
7. The Unit Officers will receive the duly certified applications,
submitted to them by the windows of Freedom Fighters in their
jurisdiction and forward the same to Chief Office for the issue of passes
on convincing the genuineness
8. The passes will be issued to the applicants through the respective
Unit Officers. A fee of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five only) will be realised at
the time of issuing passes.
9. The Unit Officers will maintain a Register in the proforma appended
and keep correct accounts of passes so issued.
10. The pass once issued will be valid for three years from the date of
issue, which can be renewed after the period of expiry by the Unit
11. The passes should be surrendered at the time of renewal.
12. The loss of pass should be reported to the concerned Dist./Asst.
Transport Offices promptly.
13. In the case of loss/damage duplicate pass will be issued for the
remaining period of validity. An amount of Rs.10/-(Rupees Ten only)
will be realised from the party as penalty for the issue of duplicate
pass. Duplicate pass will be issued from the Unit itself after
notifying the loss
14. Change of residence of pass holders will be reported promptly to
the respective Unit Officer so as to enable them to make necessary
corrections in the records. The Unit Officer will report the facts to
Chief Office then and there.
15. The passes are available in the City, Ordinary and Fast Passenger
services within the State of Kerala without restriction
regarding the number of passes that can be accommodated, provided
accommodation is available. But the number of such passes that can be
accommodated in Super Fast, Super Express and Super Deluxe services
will be limited to two at a time.
Deaf and dumb persons
permanently residing in the Kerala
State will be
allowed travel concessions in the K.S.R.T.C buses subject to the
They will be allowed concession at 50% (fifty percent) of the actual
fare in City, City Fast and Ordinary buses within the State of
Kerala for a
distance not exceeding 40 kms. From their residence (40 kms.) for a
The authority to issue fresh Identity cards to the deaf and dumb
persons will be the Managing Director, KSRTC, Thiruvananthapuram or an
Officer authorised on his behalf and the authority for the renewal of
such passes will be the Unit Officer of the KSRTC Corporation
(excluding the Workshops).
The Identity cards will be issued on the basis of a Certificate of a
Medical Officer not below the rank of an Asst. Surgeon of ENT Branch of
a recognised Hospital and the applicant should appear before the Unit
Officer who will also be convinced of the disability and recommend for
the issue of Identity card.
Note: The term 'recognised Hospitals' means
Hospitals or Hospitals
recognised by the Government for the purpose of issuing certificates to
the deaf and dumb by the Social Welfare Department.
Application form may be obtained free of cost from the nearest
District/Asst. Transport Officer and the same may be submitted to the
Officers concerned duly filled in and certified by the Medical Officers
as indicated in (3) above.
A passport size photograph of the applicant will be affixed in the
application in the column provided therein and duly attested by the
Medical Officer. Another copy of the passport size photograph (colour
or black & white) will be submitted seperately for affixing in the
Identity card once issued will be valid for a period of five years from
the date of issue which can be renewed after the period of expiry if
and when the appliant produces a fresh Medical Certificate that he
continues to be deaf and dumb having 50% disability. Loss of Identity
card should be reported to the Dist/Asst. Transport Officer promptly.
Duplicate Identity card will be issued if the card is lost or damaged
during the period of validity. An amount of Rs. 5/- will be realised
from the party as penalty for the duplicate card.
Change of residence of card holders will be reported promptly to the
respective unit Officer so as to enable them to make necessary
corrections in the records.
The Unit Officers will receive the applications submitted by the deaf
and dumb persons in their jurisdiction and forward the same with their
recommendations, after verifying the correctness of the documents.
The Identity cards will be issued to the applicants through the
respective Unit Officer. A service charge of Rs. 5/- ( Rupees five only
) will be realised by the Unit Officer from the applicant at the time
of issuance of the same.
The Unit Officers will maintain a Register and keep correct accounts of
Identity cards issued from units.
Consequent to the revision of fares of stage carriages vide G.O (P)
No.24/2001/Tran. Dated 8.9.2001 , KSRT Corporation has decided to
enhance the rate of Private Hire Charges of buses by 25%. The revised
rate will be applicable to all types of private hire operation of buses
with effect from 01.10.2001. The revised rate of private hire charges
is detailed below :-
HIRE CHARGES FOR BUSES
(a) For the first 6 hours or part thereof with a maximum Rs.6,475/-
Operation of 150 Kms. With accommodation upto The seating capacity
(b) For every additional hour or part thereof Rs. 230/-
(c) For every additional Kms. Or part thereof Rs. 50/-
(d) For every additional person in excess of the seating Capacity
charge Rs.1.75 per head per Km. Rounded to the next higher rupee
subject to a minimum of Rs.18/-.
II. PRIVATE CHARGES FOR MINI BUS
(a) For a period of 6 Hrs. or part thereof for Operation of 200 Kms.
(b) For every additional Hrs. or part thereof Rs. 184/-
(c) For extra distance Rs. 35/- per Km.
1. A passenger may carry with him such articles of personal luggage as
can be conveyed conveniently in a passenger vehicles.
2. Luggages except small articles that can be placed underneath the
seats or on the passenger's lap should be placed on the luggage
carriers of the bus. Luggages placed inside the bus should not cause
any obstruction for the free movement of the Conductor and of the
passengers and also for the Driver to carry out the duties.
4. Articles not accepted for conveyance:
(1) The following articles will not be conveyed as luggage:
(a) Mettallic money
(b) Prohibited articles
(c) Offensive articles and
(d) Articles which emit obnoxious smell.
Note: Government Treasury boxes
containing mettallic money or paper currency when sealed and
accompanied by escort may be conveyed as luggage . Other articles that
can be carried with specific written directions of the Managing
Director or from the person duly authorised to issue such
(2) Prohibited articles include: -
(a) Explosives, gun powder, cartridges (except in the case of police or
military officials on duty) Dynamites and inflammable materials
(b) Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Spirit and acids in unsealed containers.
(c) Mides, Leather, Bones, Fish, Prawns and Flesh.
(3) Offensive articles include: -
(a) Blood (Dried)
(b) Carcases of dead animals.
(c) Street sweeping - refuses.
(d) Manures except chemical maures.
(e) Rags and any decayed animal or Vegetable matter.
5. Any commodity in respect of which statutory restrictions exist for
transport form one place to another will be permitted to be conveyed
only if it is accompanied by a permit or licence issued by the
6. The Corporation may wave the restriction on the transport of
prohibited articles in specific cases by an order in writing. The
Corporation reserves the right to decide whether an article is
7. Conveyance of pet animals and birds : Animals like dogs, cats,
monkeys, rabits and small fowls can be carried in the bus in the
personal care and risk of the owners. Dogs and monkeys should be
muffled and that cats and rabits and fowls should be carried in
baskets. The duty conductor of that vehicle is the authority to decide
whether or not such animals and fowls can be carried in a bus. Snakes
of any kind and poisonous reptiles or creatures should not be conveyed
in passenger vehicles. Dogs, cats and other pet animals accompanying
passengers will be charged at full passenger fare and domestic birds
will be charged at half passenger fare. Fares will be rounded to the
next higher multiple of 50 paise as in the case of luggage fares.
8. Unaccompanied luggage should not allowed in the buses except
newspapers , weekly and departmental mail boxes and articles and
authorised postal mail bags.
9. Luggage in City Service Buses: Ordinarily, no luggage will be
allowed in City Services Buses. In special cases, however,small an and
compact packages or boxes may be allowed, provided they can
conveniently be placed under the seats or can be carried on the lap of
passengers and they do not cause inconvenience, annoy or obstruct free
movement of passengers or the conductor.
10. Luggage in Express Buses: Personal luggages of passengers are
allowed to be conveyed in Express Buses subject to availability of
11. Free Allowance:
(1) Every adult passenger who has purchased a full ticket is allowed to
carry, free of charge 15 Kgms. of luggage free of charge in ordinary,
Fast passenger and Express buses. And 5 Kg in city Buses.
(2) Non adult passengers travelling on half ticket will be allowed only
8 Kgms of luggage free of charge in ordinary, Fast passenger and
(3) Blind pass, physically handicapped pass and concession ticket
holders are not eligible for free allowance.
(4) Corporation employees travelling with valid passes can carry 10
Kgms of luggage in Ordinary, Fast Passenger and Express Services free
12. Rates of Luggage: - Luggage in excess of the free allowance granted
in Rule 11 will be charged at the rates prescribed hereunder. Luggage
is charged on the basis of passenger fare according to the type of
vehicle viz., ordinary, Fast passenger and Express.
1. One full passenger fare is charged for every 60 Kgms of luggage,
exclusing a free allowance of 15 Kgms for an adult passenger
2. Half passenger fare will be charged for every 30 Kgms or part
thereof for the chargeable luggage and the fare will be rounded to the
next higher multiple of 50 Paise for ordinary and F.P. services and
Re.1/- for Express. The minimum charge will be Ps. 60 for Ordinary
services. Clauses 5 of Memorandum of even number dtd. 25.5.1988 will stand
3. In City Service Buses 50 paise for each route for every 5 Kgms. or
part thereof in excess of the free allowance will be charged.
13. The minimum charge to be levied on any luggage chargeable under the
foregoing rules will be the minimum fare fixed for the respective type
14. Luggage will be charged for either by wieght or by measurement
whichever is more advantageous to the Corporation 7500 cubic
centimetres being considered as equal to 1 Kg. In weight (I.C. F t = 7
1/2 lbs) The usual free allowance will however,be made in determining
the amount to be charged.
15. The maximum weight of single luggage to be conveyed in Express or
Fast Passenger buses and ordinary buses is 100 Kgms and in City
Services it is limited to 30 Kgms.
16. Special Rates for Luggage:
The following items will be treated as special articles and special
charges will be levied. Bicycle - Double fare- More than one bicycle
will not be carried at time T.V. - Double fare Film Box - Single fare,
Typewriter machine (except portable size ) - One full fare. Sewing
machine, V.C.R - One full fare, Motor Fan - Half fare.
17. All luggages are carried at owner's risk and no liability for loss,
damage or destruction will be accepeted by the Corporation.